Friday, February 6, 2009

Ugh

I know I said I had, “nothing to complain about” earlier this week, but I’ve changed my mind. I DO have something to complain about. Or maybe, the heavens are mocking me for eating out two nights in a row when I could have easily made myself dinner. Instead, I ate at the local coffee shop- Mocha Jumby. Last night I ordered the cheeseburger.

Big mistake. HUGE.

I spent the night vomiting, breaking out in sweats, and having diarrhea alongside the vomiting. Awesome. Did wonders for my figure though (I hope you can read the dripping sarcasm there).

I just don’t understand why I seem to have such issues with the food on this island. So, now that I’m still tired, weak, and a tad nauseous I get to go listen to a lecture in a German accent (totally adorable btw although as I mentioned contributes more than a tad to ear strain in my old age) about ECG’s and the lovely system of pumps and pipes that is our heart and it’s components. Hopefully, I don’t vomit or otherwise embarrass myself in front of aforementioned adorable Swiss German professor (I actually don’t know if he’s Swiss for sure, but in my head he is from the German Alps, and has his own flock of goats. This is supported by the fact that he is prof. from the Vet school, not the med school)

On the upside – It’s Friday! Not sure quite what that means for me yet, other than a vague memory that that’s supposed to make people happy.

Observe. Happy face has been dawned.

Bottoms up.

2 comments:

S said...

Aww man, I'm sorry you had such a rough MJ experience. Sometimes it's just touch and go with the food on this island..just another one of the small joys of living in Grenada. I have to say though- when I bumped into you, you definitely didn't look like you spent half the night upchucking your innards. Hurrah for speedy recoveries??

Enjoy your weekend, bud! :)

Simrun said...

I'll keep that in mind from now on, for sure!

Yeah, I think I'm lucky it only lasted through the afternoon.

I hope you have a great weekend too!