Sunday, November 30, 2008

Well......








I am not sure where to begin. At this stage, I am in Bangalore and will be here for a few days before heading to Delhi on Wednesday.

First, let me address the recent events in Mumbai. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for any of the people directly affected by the attacks. My heart is with them. As a foreigner, it is difficult to feel safe anywhere here. Any time someone asks me where I am from, I say Canada. I am tempted just to try and play a slight accent and say Chandigarh, but with a backpackers pack strapped to my back I think it's a dead giveaway. The first reaction I got earlier today when I told someone who asked me where I was from that I was from Canada was, "Lovely place- peaceful people and lots of natural beauty". I thought to myself, yes my friend that is exactly what i was going for - PEACEFUL place. No Bush administration, no "war on terror", none of the ridiculousness that now comes with being an American.

I am posting a few pictures from Chennai. I am so sorry, I am not writing more, but there is a lot going on and time is short.......more later - I promise : ).

No comments: