Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Nature Of The Beast

There are certain truths about life in Grenada. For instance, one’s expectations of what is “convenient” must shift for maximal adaptation. There are those among us, including myself from time to time, that either forget this fact, or never learned it in the first place. Case in point – summer storage.

The “well adjusted” perspective would realize that it is incredible that the school not only thought to provide us with it, but seems to have SOME sort of system in place with which we can in fact place belongings in between terms.

Then there is the “But, I’m still in America” perspective. This outlook is appalled at everything ranging from the sparse hours that are available to actually place your things in aforementioned storage location to the fact that there is a disclaimer stating that SGU is NOT responsible for any stolen or damaged items. Furthermore, they are enraged at the shear number of logistics they are being asked to undertake themselves in order to be moved out in the time and manner outlined by the housing office.

In the words of one of my favorite bloggers and fellow students, all I can say is, T.I.G.

The sooner you take it to heart, the better off you’ll feel.

P.S. - finals went beautifully, now all I have to do is take the PMSCE on Monday and I'll be home onThursday!!

3 comments:

S said...

Congratulations on almost being done your first semester! Bet it feels great eh? I'm gonna hopefully try and catch up to you after my exam on Wednesday. My roommates have a penchant for discussing exam questions after it's over, which tends to make me run, screaming in the opposite direction....SOO I figure that time can be best spent catching up with you! Assuming of course you're free and aren't in the middle of packing/storing things. We'll figure it out! :)

Simrun said...

THANK YOU : )!!!! In a weird way, it's anticlimactic so far. I think it's because I'm not officially done yet.....soooo, if tomorrow at 4:00 PM ish I'm not ecstatic, I'll be seriously concerned about myself.

I would love to catch up with you on Wednesday if you can spare the time! I completely understand if you can't though, I mean....seriously. Give me a ring if you are up for it when you are done. And above all -GOOD LUCK on your exams : ).

Unknown said...

Totally agree with this. i like that blog.

Plab 1 Books